You’re supposed to go and see your dentist for a cleaning and examination every 9 to 12 months, so you don’t need to visit them any other time than that, right? While this might be true for some people, there are many other times when it’s best to make an appointment with a dentist at our office in Collingwood or Midland outside of your regular checkup:
1. Your gums are acting up—Are your gums red and puffy? Do they bleed when you brush or floss? If so, these are the early signs of gum disease, a condition which can lead to periodontal disease if not taken care of sooner rather than later.
2. You hide your smile—Are you self-conscious about a missing tooth? Do you avoid smiling in pictures and in public because of the colour of your teeth? These are both concerns to come in and talk with us about, so we can suggest cosmetic solutions for transforming your smile.
3. Eating is a challenge—Your teeth shouldn’t give you problems when you chew or swallow, so if you’re having a hard time with either of these things, it’s time to go and see your dentist.
4. Your mouth is always dry—Having a dry mouth can be annoying. Not only that, but it can also be a sign that you have a medical issue.
5. Jaw pain is a constant reoccurrence—Does your jaw click or pop when you yawn, eat, or try to talk? If this happens or you experience pain when your jaw moves, it’s best to be seen by a dentist right away.