If you are bringing your child to their first dental appointment with us at Georgian Shores Dental Centre, they may be concerned or confused about what exactly will be going on. The question “what does a dentist do?” seems so simple, but it can often stump parents when they try to come up with a good explanation. We have provided a few answers for children who are wondering what they can expect when they visit us for a dentist visit.
- The dentist is a doctor who is trained just to take care of your teeth.
- The dentist is going to look at your teeth and gums to check for any problems.
- They are going to make sure your teeth are growing just like you are!
- Our teeth are part of our whole body, and the dentist checks to make sure our teeth are healthy.
- They will look inside your mouth, clean your teeth, and teach you about how to keep your mouth healthy.
- The dentist is a friend who checks to make sure our teeth are clean and white.
- They will make sure you can smile really big for all of your school pictures.
- You will get to sit in a big chair and the dentist will use a bright light to look inside your mouth and check your teeth and gums.
- When we see the dentist, we make sure your teeth are healthy and strong just like you!
As always, when you visit us at Georgian Shores Dental Centre, we would be happy to answer any questions you or your child may have. Call today to schedule your next appointment.