If you have one or several missing teeth in your mouth, you probably want to know what you can do to obtain a full smile once again. Depending on your situation, at Georgian Shores Dental Centre, we may recommend dental implants to help you restore your smile.
There are many different reasons why dental implants are an advantageous tooth replacement option. These include some of the following:
- A natural appearance –With dental implants, other people may have a hard time telling that all of the teeth in your mouth aren’t yours. When we create an implant for your mouth, we will take special care to make sure it looks like the rest of your teeth.
- No movement –When you have dental implants in your mouth, you can rest easy knowing that your implants won’t move around as you go about your day.
- Improved chewing and speaking –After dental implants are placed in your mouth, it is highly likely that you will be able to chew and speak like normal.
- Durability – As long as you take proper care of your dental implants, they can last a lifetime.
- Preservation – By having a dental implant in the bone, it helps stimulate the jaw bone just as a natural tooth would and preserves the bone from receding.
Please keep in mind that not every patient is a good candidate for dental implants. We may not be able to move forward with this process if you suffer from a condition that harms the health of your gums and the underlying jaw bone. If you would like to find out more about dental implants and if you could benefit from them, contact our office today to set up your next appointment.