It’s a common misconception that cosmetic dentistry focuses only on improving your smile. The truth is that some cosmetic procedures professional dentists perform can also promote good dental health.
There are a number of cosmetic dental procedures that can enhance oral health and hygiene by correcting dental issues. Such issues include the following:
- Discoloured, yellowing, or stained teeth
- Decaying teeth
- Missing teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gum disease
But while some cosmetic dentistry procedures can provide health and hygiene benefits, their primary focus is still appearance. Here are several cosmetic dentistry services to consider if you want to improve your appearance:
- Teeth Whitening- Professional teeth whitening is a quick and easy process to improve the appearance of your teeth and smile. Having this procedure done by a dentist will mean longer-lasting results and less sensitivity following the treatment.
- Bonding- Dental bonding is a treatment that involves spreading a tone-matching resin over the front of your teeth to improve tooth appearance and strength.
- Veneers- Veneers are a cosmetic dentistry option for fixing gaps, odd shapes, or staining on your teeth. Veneers are shells that are custom-made from a mold of your teeth to fit perfectly and improve dental health and appearance.
- Implants- Dental implants are a great cosmetic dentistry choice if you have missing teeth. Implants are surgically fused into your jawbone to fill in gaps caused by missing teeth and preserve the health of surrounding teeth as well.
At Georgian Shores Dental Centre, we offer cosmetic dentistry procedures to improve dental health and improve your confidence. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.