Our family dental centre can’t stress enough how important it is to brush your teeth on a regular basis. However, we also want you to know that not only is it essential to brush your teeth regularly, but it’s also important to do it right. To help you get the most out of brushing, here are some helpful tips from our family dental centre:
• You should brush your teeth at least twice a day. When you do so, make sure you use a toothbrush that has soft bristles. Your toothbrush should also be the correct size to be able to reach all of your teeth easily.
• Our family dental centre recommends replacing your toothbrush every three to four months. If the bristles on your brush start to fray, it’s best to replace it even sooner. Getting a new toothbrush regularly is important because if your toothbrush is too old, it will have hard time getting your teeth all the way clean.
• When you brush your teeth, use toothpaste with fluoride in it. It’s also a good idea to rinse your mouth out with a fluoride mouthwash after you’re done.
• As you brush your teeth, avoid pressing down too hard. While a slight amount of pressure is necessary, using too much pressure can damage your gums and cause them to bleed.
• After you’re done brushing your teeth, brush your tongue to remove bacteria and to freshen up your breath.