We do bonded fillings at our dental practice.
When a tooth is damaged by trauma, wear and tear, or decay, it may need a bonded filling. Bonded fillings, otherwise known as composite fillings, are a dental restoration technique that involves using a tooth-coloured composite resin material that is directly bonded to the tooth.
At Georgian Shores Dental Centre, we do bonded fillings at our dental practice that serves the Thornbury, Ontario area. When we do bonded fillings, we follow this general process:
- We numb the area where the filling will be placed with a local anesthetic.
- We remove any decay or damaged material from the tooth.
- We prepare the tooth for the filling by etching the surface with a special gel.
- We apply a bonding agent to the prepared tooth and then apply the composite resin to the tooth in layers, curing each with a special light.
- We shape and polish the filling to ensure it fits comfortably and looks natural.
Bonded fillings offer several advantages over traditional amalgam fillings. Because bonded fillings are made of tooth-coloured material, they are much more aesthetically pleasing and can be matched to the colour of your surrounding teeth. And because they are bonded directly to the tooth, they require less drilling than amalgam fillings.
If you need a filling to restore one of your teeth, we highly recommend bonded fillings. To learn more about this type of filling or to make an appointment for your next dental cleaning and checkup, contact us today.
At Georgian Shores Dental Centre, we offer bonded fillings at our Midland and Collingwood dental clinics for residents of Collingwood, Creemore, Midland, Nottawa, Penetanguishene, Perkinsfield, Port McNicoll, Stayner, Thornbury, Victoria Harbour, Wasaga Beach, and Wyevale, Ontario.