Are you feeling discomfort in your mouth and wondering if it’s time to get your wisdom teeth removed? It can be hard to determine if your wisdom teeth are the root cause of your pain. To help guide you, here are the 5 signs that you need wisdom teeth removal.
- “Crowded” Mouth – If you feel pressure on your teeth, especially around your molars, your wisdom teeth are likely crowding your mouth. A crowded mouth can lead to your teeth shifting, jaw pain, and gum pain.
- Facial Swelling – Have you ever seen someone immediately after wisdom teeth removal? They likely have swollen cheeks that resemble a chipmunk. Did you know that you can also get this swollen look while you still have your wisdom teeth? A crowded mouth can make your gums inflamed and swell up your cheeks.
- Jaw Pain – As wisdom teeth erupt and put pressure on your nerves and surrounding bones, your jaw will start to ache. Chronic jaw pain can be very uncomfortable, so call your dentist today to determine if it’s time for your wisdom teeth removal.
- Inflamed Gums – Did you know that when you get injured and the affected area gets red and swollen, this is a sign of stress on your body? Well your gums are no different, if your gums are red, swollen, and bleeding, especially at the back of your mouth, it may be time for your wisdom teeth to be removed.
- Bad Breath – Did you know that your wisdom teeth can cause gum flaps? Gum flaps trap food particles and create bacteria, which can generate bad breath. If you keep up with your oral hygiene, but can’t seem to get rid of your bad breath, pay your dentist a visit.
We hope these signs will help you determine if it’s time to visit a dentist about getting your wisdom teeth removed. If you have any questions regarding wisdom teeth removal and the services we provide, contact us at Georgian Shores Dental Centre today!